Saturday, October 18

Please Censure Rep. Bachmann

Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R-Minn.) is a nut job. I watched this live on Hardball with Chris Matthews yesterday. Usually on Fridays, I make sure to watch Hardball but I am listening while working on the computer. Yesterday, I had to stop what I was doing. My brother actually woke up from sleeping on the couch about two minutes into this interview, probably because he couldn't believe what his subconscious was hearing. His first sleepy words to me: "Did I hear that right?" We watched and listened in stunned and nauseating disbelief as this interview unfolded.



Disgusting. Horrendous. Frightening.

So many people have already written about this. Here are my favorites:

Obsidian Wings: I think that this sort of thing has no place in politics. We can disagree with one another without impugning our opponents' patriotism. So even though I would regret not having Representatives who write bills called "the Light Bulb Freedom of Choice Act" in Congress, I just went over to Elwyn Tinklenberg's website and made a donation.
Why? Because I love my country enough to think that it deserves better.

Political Animal: I'd just add that Bachmann's re-election is hardly assured. In fact, recent polling suggests she's very vulnerable, facing an aggressive challenge from former state transportation chief Elwyn Tinklenberg, who has pulled to within a few points. One wonders how voters in Minnesota's 6th will respond to Bachmann's embrace of neo-McCarthyism.

AmericaBlog: Michelle Bachmann is a disgrace. This was one of the most disturbing hate-mongering things I've seen on t.v. Even Matthews seem stunned by her diatribe.
Her opponent, Elwyn Tinklenberg, just got named to the DCCC's Red to Blue. We need to help him defeat her. Bachmann is way under 50% -- only up by 4 points in a poll reported yesterday by Politico:
POLL OF THE DAY: Minnesota GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann leads Democrat Elwyn Tinklenberg by a slim 42-percent-to-38-percent margin, according to a Grove Insight poll conducted for the DCCC.
Seriously, Bachmann is deranged.

The title post links to a site to censure Bachmann. Please check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment