Sunday, August 17

Lewinsky Scandal Anniversary

Today is the 10-year anniversary of the day President Bill Clinton finally admitted to an inappropriate relationship with Monica Lewinsky. Feels like yesterday, huh? Almost seven months earlier, he famously denied the relationship at a White House press conference:

Now, I have to go back to work on my State of the Union speech. And I worked on it until pretty late last night. But I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people. Thank you.

Hillary blamed a right-wing conspiracy and stood by her man. Lewinsky didn't want to testify. He almost got away with it. Then, Lewinsky turned over a semen-stained blue dress. That's right, folks - she never got it cleaned. Ewww. I know this sounds like a plot of a really bad tv show, but it happened. On August 17, 1998 Clinton came clean (no pun intended) in a taped testimony and a nationally televised statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment