Thursday, October 2

Lazy Time Is Almost Over

I return home tonight from my much needed vacation in Las Vegas. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I still woke up before sunrise everyday because, well, I'm weird that way. But all in all, it has been great not having to do anything. I am bummed that I will be at the airport while the debate is on, but I'm hoping I can find a TV somewhere. I will land about 30 minutes after it ends and I have a feeling that my brother's face will tell me how it went.
A few things of note:
1) The Senate's version of the bailout/rescue bill sucks. I can't believe how much crap was put in there. Wooden arrows and rum...are they joking?? I mean, if the Democrats wanted to include some issues they didn't think would pass on their own, why make them so ridiculous? Instead of six million dollars on wooden arrow production, how about solar panel rooftops on schools? Instead of 200 million on rum distribution, how about retrofitting the Brooklyn Bridge or improving broadband service? Why treat it as a joke?
2) STOMP! Out Loud is awesome and surprisingly funny. If you only see one show in Vegas, that's the one.
3) Obama forgot how many years he has been married. He was off by one year when mentioning his anniversary. Wish him luck. Send happy thoughts.
4) I think Rahm Emanuel would be perfect to replace Obama in the U.S. Senate if Obama wins the election. He is awesome. Just a thought.

I'm looking forward to returning home. I miss my friends, I miss my bed, and I left just as I was about to start Season 3 of The Sandbaggers. Notice how I didn't mention work. If the economy wasn't so bad, I would seriously consider living off of my savings for a few months. Alas, reality awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment